Monday 20 February 2012

Half term Indiana Jones

Blogging has been temporarily interrupted due to the half term holidays. During my temporary leave of absence, I have travelled the length and breadth of the area looking for places to occupy a mum, a little baby and, for one week only, a big brother. Kids Play in Kettering is just over the border in Northamptonshire, but was worth the trip. It has the usual indoor play equipment - death slides, climbing walls, rope swings and platforms reaching up to the sky. Hmm, when you write it down, it sounds like I have taken my babies to a Raiders of the Lost Ark simulator... albeit in primary colours. This one has added trampolines and a Costa Coffee! It meant my budding Indiana Jones could spend hours razzing around, leaving me at the coffee shop crèche working on a caffeine high. As an added bonus, there is a specific baby changing room and the toilets do not have that special aroma reserved for some indoor play centres.

It was a good day out. The only problem was that parents from miles around had had the same thought. We got there in the nick of time. When we left, we discovered people had been queuing outside for half an hour. I am not sure I could have waited in the cold for that long. What am I saying? Of course I would. I couldn't disappoint my junior adventurer. I bet Indiana Jones' mum didn't have to say "sorry Indy, the queue is too long, you will have to rescue the ten commandments from the Nazis another day." I would love to have seen that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment