Monday 20 February 2012

Coffee cards (and cups)

I have discovered a crucial piece of information that I have to share with the coffee drinking world!

Ok, so I may have slightly over-egged that, but it is a bit interesting.

I have had a Starbucks card for a while and have not quite 'got' it. I have used it and not really understood what I get out of it. What you do is pay Starbucks money and they give you a card with the equivalent amount of money on it. You can then use it to pay for your Starbucks purchases. I understood that when you paid for your lunch or coffee or round or whatever, you got a star and when you have 15 stars, you get a free drink. But, I was getting one star for each purchase (which could include three drinks and a couple of paninis and even the kitchen sink) so, I was going to have to spend over £200 to get a free latte. This was not a huge incentive to continue. Today, a lovely lady explained it to me (slowly). Apparently, when you pay with your SB card, you pay for each item separately and that means you rack up the stars much more quickly. Phew!

I know this is not exactly helping with the current economic crisis or addressing the issues within the health service, in fact it is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things, but it cheered me up for a few minutes and if it does the same for you, then even better.

Oh, and today, Starbucks were giving away their old mugs too.


No comments:

Post a Comment