Sunday 5 February 2012

Cake sale.

My chocolate cornflake cakes went on sale at Rushcliffe Country Park in Ruddington near Nottingham. There is tea and cake on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month and all the cake is homemade, it's like my cake heaven! We had a piece of lemon drizzle;



It had been snowing and there were loads of people. Tea and cake was obviously just the job for post-sledging relaxation. The cake sold like, erm, hot cakes.





It's a lovely place to take a family. There are nice walks, nature trails and a big playground. The only problem was the snow... It was great for snowballing and is obviously a popular place to go sledging, but it is almost impossible to push a pushchair on snow, a fact that I had been unaware of in the past. The place looked beautiful though.




I have got the cake-bake bug. It takes hold every now and again. I may have to create some more masterpieces for another cake Sunday. My role could be 'cakes for kids'. Cornflake cakes are definitely easier than fruit loaf or apple and cinnamon cake. I could try a rocky road style concoction. (I admit it, I am going to be cooking these for myself).

Oh, one last thing. Thinking of cakes for kids (and big kids), my mother in law made us some phenomenal cakes. They are dalek cakes! And they are supreme. (There is a geeky Doctor Who joke in there). I love them.....how can I possibly eat them?! Oh, and there were four, that is the Cult of Skaro.




No comments:

Post a Comment