Sunday 12 February 2012

Did I mention cake...?

I think my hobby must be coffee and cake. I wish I could say I have a more impressive hobby, like fell walking, hang gliding or embroidery. Having said that, I used to do quite a lot of embroidery. I used to sew little flowers onto my combat trousers when I as doing my A'levels. In fact, I probably spent more time concentrating on embroidery than I did on my A'levels.
Back to cake....I meet friends for coffee and cake. I meet my mum and dad for tea and cake. Shopping trips must be punctuated by tea and cake. Even if it is just a quick pit stop, there needs to be a mouthful of cake, just to keep the wheels running. I spent one holiday in Cornwall eating chocolate brownie in every cafe I visited. Incidentally, the best was at the cafe at the Minack Theatre. There is a certain etiquette about my style of cake eating, a certain way of doing it. You have to share. The cake has to be cut up into pieces and shared amongst the assembled group. And we don't tend to have big slices of cake.....although, if it looks good enough.... It is the only way to eat cake and not put on gallons of weight and I get to try a larger selection.
Here is an example of one sharing experience.



As it is Valentines Day this week, the selection of cakes and biscuits available have been supplemented with some romantic offerings. John Lewis and Waitrose came up with these two.



The raspberry jam and almond heart was top drawer. Not chocolate, but sublime and great to share with someone lovely.

Happy Valentines Day

No comments:

Post a Comment