Wednesday 7 March 2012

Feed me!

I am sooo hungry!

I am still feeding my five month old and he is a hungry boy. There are points in the day where I feel like I could eat a house. Or maybe two. With a bungalow for pudding. It is a strange sensation. The emptiness comes on really quickly and I need to eat fast. The problem is what to eat. I have to resist the urge to shovel handfuls of chocolate into my mouth, so I need to ensure I have a selection of healthy snacks to hand at all times. My kitchen, car and handbag have got a ridiculous amount of mouth sized morsels. I hadn't realised how bad it was until I looked around me when I got into the car....



It looks a lot, but, I also make sure I have a sweet in the car so my big boy can have one when I pick him up from school (he only gets one mind you, it's one rule for him and one enormous pile of sugar for me).

I am only going to be able to feed the baby for another month before I need to wean him and move to bottle feeding. I need to make sure I am not going to carry on with this sort of diet so I will have to monitor my cake, chocolate and sweet intake. I don't want to get used to eating this much. There may be a bit of a dilemma too as my non-breastfeeding self wants to eat more savoury goodies; crisps, slices of ham, cheese, bread, olives, pretzels.

It sounds like I have a serious problem, but I tend to only have one mouthful at a time and I do manage to control the super-hunger when it comes on. I read somewhere that sometimes when you feel hungry, you might just be thirsty, so I make sure I am fully hydrated and then go for apple and grapes before I dive head first into a bag of white chocolate mice. In my pre-pregnancy days, if I had a treat or naughty nibble, I would only have a little bit. My top drawer at work always had half a bag of crisps in it or an open bag of Haribo, or a bar of chocolate with one chunk missing or, most likely, a packet of biscuits with the top one missing. My kitchen is very similar. I fancy sweet treats and so I buy them, people know I like chocolate and buy it for me and I buy it for my big boy and my biggest boy, so we end up with the international sugar mountain which gets eaten at the rate of one mouthful per night.



Just to reassure you (and myself) this is what we shared as a quick snack this afternoon.



In amongst this desperate need for sweet things, another of my recent cravings has been for steamed spinach. I have been eating towering green mountains of it.

Cravings....now, when did I last have cravings.... Urm..... Hello....

4 comments:

  1. so, you might not be coming back to work in a couple of months time then!

    PS....I can joke about it though Martin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody junk is so addictive too . Good luck swaping it out , the bowl of fruit looks yummy .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm still feeding my 8 month old too & I eat so much but am still losing weight. It's the best diet ever, though I imagine come weaning time it will be hard!
    Well done on feeding your little man.

    Sara
    Http://tisthelife.com

    ReplyDelete