Friday 20 April 2012

(T)weaning

I have been looking back over my tweets from the last week and there is a clear theme emerging.

Weaning.

I have been (t)wittering about weaning, worrying about weaning and waxing lyrical about weaning.

My six month old has been enjoying the delights of baby rice, moving on to apple, pear and carrot mash, then toast, followed closely by fromage frais. After seeking inspiration from many sources, I have moved onto various combinations of chicken, potato and butternut squash.

I have only recently started tweeting, in fact I am currently on tweet 67, but I am enjoying expressing my thoughts in 140 characters. I have been tweeting pictures too, particularly pictures of cake, like this one....



Although cake is still on the agenda, a different kind of nourishment has been at the heart of my twitterings this week. Here is the last seven days of weaning in 140 character bite sized chunks.

Oh no, it's weaning time, but why have I lost my (baby) bottle? I have got pureed fruit, but I am afraid to use it.


Mummy and baby elevenses courtesy of Waitrose. #fondantfanciesarethebest



Made beautiful apple puree in a new whizzer but forgot to take the little plastic cover off the blades! Yummy apple and plastic puree. #doh 


Strange trip to Tesco, just buying kitchen towel and yoghurt and then the #Osmonds appeared!


Weaning continues with toast soldiers. Baby LIKES toast. That's my boy. #toastygoodness


Suck of thumb, suck of toast, suck of thumb, suck of toast, suck of thumb, suck of toast #weaning


Operation Weaning Baby is up and running, it's a good start, but how did the #Osmonds get involved? 

Surely I have earned points towards my #domesticgoddess badge - homemade chicken, potato and butternutsquash baby food



My little baby food army. They feed a very small soldier #weaning


Notice the hieroglyphics on the tiny tubs. That is my shorthand for chicken or butternut squash or potato. I have mentioned my obsessive personality, haven't I?

So, that is a flavour (sorry) of the last week. I think it illustrates just how much I have been thinking about the weaning process. Who knows what the next week will hold. Probably baby-food-mashers wrist.


1 comment:

  1. Weaning can be so stressful can't it! But also fun. I love your little pots. I was also a fan of little labelled pots, although unfortunately the babies weren't so it didn't last very long.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete